School Ethos and Aims
Learning together through love, forgiveness and friendship.
Our shared vision is for every child to become successful, independent, resilient and reflective lifelong learners. At Warkworth C of E Primary School, we are an inclusive community and have the highest of expectations for all pupils and staff; we believe learning should be fun, purposeful and challenging. Our values based curriculum focusses on the holistic development of each child and the importance of understanding and celebrating our differences in a safe and secure environment. We also strongly believe that children should have a stimulating, creative and thought-provoking curriculum. Providing opportunities for all children to develop a deeper knowledge and understanding of themselves, the curriculum and their role in the local and global community. We aim to achieve our vision through 'Learning together through love, forgiveness and friendship.'
Recognizing its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England/Church in Wales and in partnership with the Churches at parish and diocesan level. The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.'
- For the Christian values to be embedded in everything we do.
- For children to be valued as an individual made in the image of God.
- To create a safe, stimulating and challenging curriculum that creates a love of learning both indoors and outdoors.
- To develop strong and collaborative partnerships with parents, the church and the community.
- To develop a learning centred and inclusive community where children, staff and the community learn together and celebrate each others differences and achievements.
- To enable pupils to become respectful, happy and confident learners with a 'Can do' attitude to learning and life.
- At Warkworth C of E Primary school we have three main Christian values that form part of our Christian ethos 'Learning together through love, forgiveness and friendship.' Embedded in our Values curriculum we also have a further three Christian Values that we will focus on over the year.