PE and Sports Funding
The Primary PE and Sport Premium is awarded to every school with primary aged pupils and must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles. Schools should publish the amount of premium received; a full breakdown of how it has been spent (or will be spent); what impact the school has seen on pupils’ PE and sport participation and attainment and how the improvements will be sustainable in the future. Schools should also consider how their use of the premium is giving pupils the opportunity to develop a healthy, active lifestyle.
There are 5 key areas for the premium to be spent on:
1. the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. increased participation in competitive sport.
All photos from our competitions and festivals are on Class Dojo and the 'Gallery' page. We also advertise the Sainsbury's School Games on a fortnightly basis on Facebook and Class Dojo. At the bottom of the page you can also find :
- our action plan for 2017- 2018;
- the impact the sports premium had for 2016- 2017;
- calendar of events we attend as part of the partnership and
- other useful links.
- To create a school and community that protects, respects and celebrates individuality and difference between people of different backgrounds, genders, faiths, abilities, ethnic minorities and those with disabilities.
- To ensure that all pupils are given the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the life of the school and all members of our school community promote fairness and equality for all.
We're also all signed up to Premier League Primary Stars and are using the resources to engage and inspire our pupils to make links with physical education, all curriculum subjects and developing a positive growth mindset! To find out more, follow the link below: